🥇 Steamed Kiwi Fish Rolls【 2022 】
An original Zespri recipe, and prepared mostly in East Asia, as the preparation will remind us precisely of Jiaozi, or Gyozas. Instead of meat, fruit. And instead of flour, fish. Nothing more and nothing less, without cheating and without calories.
The fish really can be anything, as long as it can be filleted and rolled. In any online fishmonger they can advise you. In my case, I prefer sole. Most white fish allow it. Lilies, for example, is also another alternative, although it must be cleaned (very) well of thorns.
Tuna is also a very good candidate, but it requires a much longer cooking time to be done. It's all a matter of getting used to the raw material and its steam times. If we are afraid, the most advisable thing, as I repeat several times, is to give the fish a touch of plant. But not too much so that you don't lose the flexibility to make the roll.
Ingredients of the Fish and Kiwi Rolls
- 2 kiwis, preferably yellow
- 5 filleted soles, and clean
- Green leek stalk to taste
- Soy sauce to taste
- tablespoon of olive oil
- We can previously request that the sole comes peeled, with the meat removed from the loins. That will make our job easier. If not, it will be up to us.
- Peel the kiwis and cut them in half. Each half, preferably cut into (up to) five segments.
- We cut the stems of the leeks, and wash enough to remove impurities or dirt. These stems, we sauté them in the pan or Wok, quite hot and with a little oil and spices of our liking.
- We wrap each slice of kiwi with the soleand we put them in a steamer basket, with a little of the sautéed leek.
- We steam cooking depending on the utensil we are using. Electric pots with the possibility of steam are the simplest. We should not cook it too much, just enough so that the fish is ready.
- If we are afraid that the fish will be raw, before steaming, it is best to fry it a bit. We serve with soy sauce.